Free SD Card Formatter Download for Windows
If you've ever used an SD card, before you may have been provoked to "format" it before using it. But what does that mean?
Put only, formatting an SD card erase every single file on it, including interior files that are usually hidden. This is the most useful path to reset or clear an SD card.
You will need to Format SD Card on Windows 11/10/8 for various reasons, such as converting the file system to FAT32, converting FAT to NTFS, restoring SD card back to its original size, removing unknown viruses or malware, fixing corrupted SD card issues, etc.
SD standards help manufacturers to deliver high-performance products that improve the experience of millions of people every day who listen to music, record videos, take pictures, save data and use a mobile phone. This article aims to respond to all your questions. We’re going to consult SD Card Formatter.
“The SD Card formatter is Versatile, portable, and convenient SD standards show the demand today and will continue to grow with the future of the digital world.”
What is an SD Card Formatter?
SD card formatter plays a significant role in daily life and has been widely utilized in every part of our life. SD card is a flash memory card, which is a new epoch of memory devices based on semiconductor flash memory. Its features are small size, fast data transmission, superheated plug-able, and so on.
The SD Memory Card Formatter formats SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, and SDXC Memory Card (respectively SD/SDHC/SDXC Cards) conceding with the SD File System specification developed by the SD Association (SDA). The most useful online sd card formatted for your memory card.
SD Formatter provides fast and easy access to the full capabilities of your SD, SDHC, and SDXC memory cards. The SD Card includes an internal controller that handles all inner flash memory operations. The data transfer between the keeper and the card is accomplished in the clock serial method, in 512-byte blocks. SD Formatter are three specified factors for SD Card; full size, miniSD, and microSD.
Why Need to Format SD Card?
Formatting an SD in windows is sometimes necessary. This means that it is a process you may want to carry out in the most immediate future due to some reason.
To pitch more light on the formatting process it will be most suitable to first explain what a formatting process does. In some cases, SD card users feel the need to format their cards to NTFS, exFAT, or FAT32 file systems to be able to use the card in particular devices such as in Smartphones, game consoles, digital cameras, their personal computers, and any further device that uses an SD card as external storage.
In some other cases, the SD card may become faulty leading to the generation of errors such as file corruption, file crack, file inaccessibility to mention but a few. To revive the Card to pull valuable data from it, a formatting process may be demanded.
The methods we explain below can help an SD card format so make sure you observe the steps carefully. The techniques work well for Windows 10,8,8.1,7, XP, and Vista.
Notice: The formatting process will wipe out every single piece of data in your SD card to make it new and functional again. In order, can't lose your data, save them in a backup first before you do format it.
Some of them are Providing that there is full protection of your privacy.
- Format SD card for being consistent with other devices such as camera, smartphone, game console, music player, etc.
- When your SD card is corrupted, damaged, or inapproachable, formatting it may help repair the SD card.
- The format SD card also can support you in cleaning the SD card so that you can utilize it as a new storage device.
- It can support solving issues related to write-protected. Also, create space for more files to be stored.
- It can help you to remove viruses that harm your device
How to Format SD Card on Windows?
1. Format Using SD Card Formatter
This step should be used if the SD Card format is unspecified or Must be reconfigured. Ensure you have the following application established on your computer.
Open the SD Card Formatter application on your computer, and arranged the following fields:
1. Select Card - SD Card drive If you want to format (usually says “boot” or “volume”)
2. Card Information - Completely sure the disc size approximately matches your SD Card capacity.
3. Formatting Options - Select Quick Format
4. Once set, click the “Format button”
5. The program will inform you that the formatting is complete. (could bring several seconds)
Once you have followed the steps written above, you will find that your SD card has been formatted. However, you still might find yourself in a position where your corrupt SD card remains unformatted even after thoroughly above the steps.
2. Format Using File Explorer
You can follow the content below to format SD cards on Windows 10 easily.
1. Attach your SD card to your Windows 10 computer with a card reader. Completely sure it can be detected.
1. Double-click “This PC” on the desktop and press the “Windows + E” keys simultaneously to open Windows Explorer. In this window, you can catch the secured SD card.
2. Then Click-Right on the SD card and select "Format" in the pop-up menu
3. Here, you can choose the file system to which you like to format the SD card. Here are three options: NTFS, FAT32, exFAT. Select the one you need, click "Start".
3. Format Using Disk Management
Disk Management is a Windows built-in tool for managing disks on your computer. It also can be operated to format storage devices like SD cards, pen drives, memory cards, etc. Do as following steps.
1. Right click on "My Computer" -> "Management" -> "Disk Management".
2. Here you can watch the SD card in the list. Right-click the SD card section and select "Format".
3. On the format Window, check the box of Perform a quick format, choose a file system and allocate unit size.
Above are multiple ways to format the SD card in Windows 11, 10, 8, and 7. Resembled with Sd Card Formatter, Windows File Explorer, and Windows Disk Management, SD Card Formatter software is the best among them because it is more comfortable and easier.
SD card formatter is the best software. The SD card formatter allows you to format all SD cards, SDHC memory cards, SDXC memory cards to FAT32, exFAT, NTFS according to your needs. It serves as a companion to help you format your SD card successfully in less time. So, use it